Friday, May 22, 2015

It's the little things that can mean the most


Life can throw a lot of lemons at you, and when you are obedient to the Lord, I find the lemons come faster than I can dodge them. Satan is like a multi-armed hindu goddess wielding lemons like we are in a game of Dodgeball. Yet I am David with my rock and sling against this 20-foot giant with 10 arms and mountainous piles of lemons, sometimes, it seems I may never win.

The more I become obedient to the Lord, the larger the monster and the bigger the piles of lemons. But I am a warrior woman of God, and I am armed with a shield. And a small army of amor-bearer friends, to hand me more rocks to aim at this monster. Those small gestures of handing me a rock while I use my shield are monumental to me. This is not their battle, but they are there to offer me a smile, encouragement, and another rock to aim at my enemy.

When I see a friend having a hard time, I like to offer them some sort of gesture, just to let them know they are not in this alone. Yes, it is their battle to fight, but I will be here to encourage them along the way. To offer my support, I will...
- offer the gift of touch, a silent reassurance that I am standing with you and will squeeze your hand in solidarity
- offer the gift of a hug, to squeeze your shoulders and neck as if to fill you up with a refreshed source of strength
- offer the gift of a smile and a nod, because sometimes there just really isn't anything that can be said to bring comfort
- offer the gift of a snack or beverage, just to let you know I'm thinking about you and want to bring a little cheer and lift your spirits
- offer the gift of acknowledgement, through text, email, social media or phone call to remind you I am "on your team"
- offer the gift of laughter, because sometimes we just need to laugh to release the tension of a situation
- offer the gift of food, sometimes we just need to eat our way through the pain
- offer the gift of escape, to whisk you away to make a new memory and shift our focus and restore your spirits
- offer the gift of scripture, a well-timed WORD will arm me enough to tackle any enemy

Don't underestimate the power of these small gestures. I had a friend give me a necklace as a thank you for my support, but little did I know at the time, I would be the one needing the support from it's message, time and time again in it's short life since we were united. It says, "The Lord will fight for you, You need only to be still." -Exodus 14:14

So even when the enemy attempts to destroy my reputation, attack me at my weakest spot of vulnerability, or steal my joy... if I only stand still, He WILL fight my battles, and I will stand victorious over my enemy. Sometimes the best strategy in the battle is to let the enemy wear out. My shield(s) will protect me: Psalm 91:4 "He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection."

All I really need is one big rock to take my enemy down: Psalm 18:2 "The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety."




the necklace, the gift:-)

Take aim at your enemy my sisters, the Lord has your back!

Kodi

No comments:

Post a Comment